Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Write Now!

There are tons of Open Letters circulating out there now.

Here are some of my faves:

An Open Letter To The Red States is beautifully written by a New Yorker and reminds me of why I left in fear after 9-11. Of course we had only been living there since April of that year so we hadn't yet taken root... however her descriptions of crisp, clear September mornings and the dread they now bring makes me weep.

An Open Letter From a Very Dumb American is funny. And petulant. And was probably a lot more fun to write than mine.

Then there's "Phil" who says "I'll Give You Something to be Very Sad About," which rants and rages and reminds me a little too much of the threats I got as a child... but I digress... good outrage within.

And finally, an Open Letter to God... or Oprah whomever may be listening.

Have you written your Open Letter today?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say

December 20, 2005 at 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 6, 2011 at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home